Saturday, July 7, 2012

Share Your Story Series



Today we are beginning our new series, Share Your Story. The Baldpate not only houses the rich history of the keys we have collected, but also has accumulated its own spectacular history over its 96 years of operation! This year, we have been asking our past employees to tell the rest of the Baldpate family some of their favorite memories from the summers they spent here. 

Today's special guest is Megan Aldridge

Megan found the key she donated in our key room and shared this story with us:

"First the key I left is a key from my Grandmother's Bed and Breakfast in Warrensburg, Missouri. It is a house that was built in the 1900s and has been in our family for as long as I can remember. It meant a lot to leave a key to my favorite place that would remind me of my greatest summer ever."
Megan said that her run-in with a black bear was one of the memories she would remember for years to come:
"I was by the wine rack against the wall at the first table when my friend Jessica came in the room and turned sheet white and said, 'Don't move, I have to get my camera.' While she was gone, Gabe came in and said, 'Don't move, you have a bear right by you and the window is open.' I asked him to move the table and I ran away while Jessica took pictures. Clearly she was worried for me!"

Thankfully, Megan's close encounter was a safe one! This year at the Baldpate, we've had two bear sightings, and although the staff considers it a special treat, we also hope to keep the bears at a safe distance. 

Feel free to Share Your Story with the Baldpate family! Email us at Keys@Baldpateinn.com and we will include you in the series.

Until next time,
Lauren
Baldpate Inn Key Room Curator