Thursday, June 6, 2019

Colton Morton 2019 Key Curator

Howdy Everybody!

      My name is Colton Morton and I will be serving as the curator for our collections here at the Baldpate Inn this 2019 season, most specifically the Key Room of course. I'll periodically be posting on some of our interesting collections and special events happening in our Key Room, such as our Summer Enchanted Evening series. So keep an eye out for those going forward!



      A little bit about me so you can become more familiar. I am a recent graduate in History from CSU, Colorado State University, in Fort Collins. To me History has long been a focus for my interest, namely in looking at the little day to day stories people leave behind through letters, journals, personal items, etc. This translated easily into my other interest of Anthropology which looks at the myriad peoples around the world today, and in the past, through their cultures and artifacts. The Key Room being such a space of wonderful items piqued my interest, and I hope will be the first step into a long career in such spaces.

      Beyond my academic interests I have spent many of my summers growing up in one set of mountains or another, specifically the Sierra Nevada back in my home state of California. I spent those days working my way up through the Boy Scouts of America until I was actually working at camps teaching youths in the same way I was once taught. Now given the chance to illuminate a much wider audience on the ins and outs of Baldpate Inn and its collections I feel like my formative years have truly come full circle.

      I look forward to interacting with all of you who join us in person here at the inn, as well as through the blog as we enjoy another enchanting summer in the Rockies!